Acceptable Use Policy
It is not necessary for any Client to have signed an acceptance of these terms and conditions for them to apply. If a Client accepts a quote then the Client will be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the terms applying and have accepted these terms and conditions in full.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
Site Security and Updates.
Absoluto uses sophisticated means of security in connection with the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is exclusively Subscriber’s obligation to maintain and control passwords to Subscriber’s web site(s), and Subscriber exclusively is responsible for all activities that occur in connection with Subscriber’s user name, password, and registered domain name(s), as well as any and all scripts or programs added to the account by the Subscriber or authorized users. Subscriber agrees to immediately notify Absoluto of any unauthorized uses of the Service or any other breaches of security. It is exclusively Subscriber’s responsibility to update and secure any programs or scripts available via the cPanel interface. Subscriber’s failure to update and secure any programs or scripts available via the cPanel interface may result in Absoluto either updating the programs and scripts or suspending your account services until they are updated. Absoluto will not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind, under any legal theory, caused by Subscriber’s failure to comply with any of the foregoing security obligations or caused by any person to whom Subscriber grants access to Subscriber’s Services, or due to any updates performed by Absoluto pursuant to the terms of this section.
The clients of Absoluto Services set forth in this section herein below are prohibited. The engaging in any prohibited use as set forth herein by Subscriber or by any affiliate or subscriber of Subscriber (as determined in the sole discretion of Absoluto) constitutes a material breach of these Terms and will subject Subscriber’s account to immediate termination without notice and without any refund.
1. # Spamming.
Spamming, whether or not it overloads the Services or disrupts service to Absoluto’s Subscribers, is prohibited. The term “Spamming” includes, but is not limited to, the sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet, maintaining an open SMTP policy, or sending to any mailing list that is not double opt in. Absoluto requires that all email messages contain an automated opt out. We do not allow purchased lists. Absoluto’s Subscribers are required to follow all rules in the Can Spam Act as well as our company spam rules. Absoluto reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, whether e-mail recipients were part of an opt-in email list. Irrespective of whether an email campaign constitutes Spamming as defined herein, Absoluto allows a MAXIMUM of 10 emails per hour to be sent from any individual mail from hosting account.(will upgrade upon request)
2. # Prohibited Offerings.
No Subscriber may utilize the Services to provide, sell or offer to sell the following: controlled substances; illegal drugs and drug contraband; weapons; pirated materials; instructions on making, assembling or obtaining illegal goods or weapons to attack others; information used to violate the copyright(s) of, violate the trademark(s) of or to destroy others’ intellectual property or information; information used to illegally harm any people or animals; pornography, nudity, sexual products, programs or services; escort services or other content deemed adult related.
3. # Profanity.
Profanity or profane subject matter in the site content and in the domain name are prohibited.
4. # Private Information and Images.
Subscribers may not post or disclose any personal or private information about or images of children or any third party without the consent of said party (or a parent’s consent in the case of a minor).
5. # Violations of Intellectual Property Rights.
Any violation of any person’s or entity’s intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or other personal rights is prohibited. Absoluto is required by law to remove or block access to content appearing on or through the Services upon receipt of proper notice of copyright infringement (please see the Copyright Claims Policy here for more information).
6. # Misrepresentation of Transmission Information.
Forging, misrepresenting, omitting, or deleting message headers, return mailing information and/or Internet protocol addresses to conceal or misidentify the origin of a message is prohibited.
7. # Viruses and Other Destructive Activities.
Use of the Services for creating or sending Internet viruses, worms or Trojan horses, or for pinging, flooding or mail bombing, or engaging in denial of service attacks is prohibited. It is also prohibited for any Subscriber to engage in other activity that is intended to disrupt or interfere with, or that results in the disruption of or interference with, the ability of others to effectively use the Services (or any connected network, system, service or equipment) or conduct their business over the Internet.
8. # Hacking.
“Hacking” and related activities are prohibited. “Hacking” includes, but is not limited to, the following activities: illegally or without authorization, accessing computers, accounts or networks, penetrating or attempting to penetrate security measures, port scans, stealth scans, and other activities designed to assist in hacking.
9. # Anonymous Proxies.
Absoluto does not allow the use of anonymous proxy scripts on its servers. They can be very abusive to the server resources, affecting all users on that server.
10. # Export Control Violations.
The exportation of encryption software outside of the United States and/or violations of United States law relating to the exportation of software is prohibited. Subscriber may not export or transfer, directly or indirectly, any regulated product or information to anyone outside the United States without complying with all applicable statues, codes, ordnances, regulations, and rules imposed by U.S. federal, state or local law, or by any other applicable law.
11. # Child Pornography.
The use of the Services to store, post, display, transmit, advertise or otherwise make available child pornography is prohibited. Absoluto is required by law to, and will, notify law enforcement agencies when it becomes aware of the presence of child pornography on, or being transmitted through, the Services.
12. # Other Illegal Activities.
The use of the Services to engage in any activity that is determined by Absoluto, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be illegal is prohibited. Such illegal activities include, but are not limited to, storing, posting, displaying, transmitting or otherwise making available ponzi or pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards or displaying credit card information of third parties without their consent, failure to comply with applicable on-line privacy laws or any executive orders, as well as any rules, regulations or orders issued by the Office of Foreign Asset Controls (“OFAC”). Absoluto will cooperate fully with appropriate law enforcement agencies in connection with any and all illegal activities occurring on or through the Services.
13. # Obscene, Defamatory, Abusive or Threatening Language.
Use of the Services to store, post, transmit, display or otherwise make available obscene, defamatory, harassing, abusive or threatening language is prohibited.
14. # BACKUP STORAGE.
ABSOLUTO OFFERS ITS SERVICES TO HOST WEB SITES, NOT TO STORE DATA. USING AN ACCOUNT AS AN ONLINE STORAGE SPACE FOR ARCHIVING ELECTRONIC FILES IS PROHIBITED AND WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION OF HOSTING SERVICES WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
15. # Other Activities
. Engaging in any activity that, in Absoluto’s sole and absolute discretion, disrupts, interferes with or is harmful to (or threatens to disrupt, interfere with, or be harmful to) the Services, Absoluto’s business, operations, reputation, goodwill, Subscribers and/or Subscriber relations, or the ability of Absoluto’s Subscribers to effectively use the Services is prohibited. Such prohibited activities include making available any program, product or service that is designed to or could be used to violate these Terms. In addition, the failure of Subscriber to cooperate with Absoluto in correcting or preventing violations of these Terms by, or that result from the activity of, a subscriber, patron, customer, invitee, visitor, or guest of the Subscriber constitutes a violation of these Terms by Subscriber.
Payment Obligations, Renewals, and Cancellations
Website Development Payment Obligations:
A down payment is required in order to begin development of your website. This is usually 60% of the Invoice, unless an alternative contract or proposal specifies a different amount. The outstanding balance on your website is due after the design, navigation and pages have been approved and built. Final payment is due regardless of whether all content for the pages has been sent by the client. This provision is in place to encourage the client to get content submitted promptly so that their site can go live. It also ensures that Absoluto gets paid for performing their duty under the proposal, despite tardy content from the client. After payment, Absoluto will still post outstanding content AT NO CHARGE for 3 months. In the event an “under construction” page is posted due to missing content, Absoluto will post ONE copy of any text/pictures on existing pages only, for up to 3 months after publish date. After the three months have expired, content posted to site will be billable at our current regular hourly rate. In the event that design and navigation changes are requested after they have been specifically approved by the client, these changes will be billable at our current regular hourly rate.
Website Development Cancellation:
If site design and development work has already begun (such as creating a design concept), then the down payment is non-refundable. Absoluto my elect at its sole discretion to offer a partial refund depending upon the circumstances.
Stock Photography Payment Obligations:
Stock photography includes most photos and/or images not provided by the client. Stock photography purchased on behalf of client for use in website development is billable at a minimum of $10 per picture. This amount is separate from the amount quoted for website design and development. Some pictures are more expensive than $10, in which case we will solicit client approval and communicate the price before purchasing.
Description of Ongoing Costs:
There are 2 types of ongoing costs: domain registration and hosting.
Domain name registration:
This cost recurs annually. Domain name registration gives you exclusive rights to a certain name, such as www.mygroup.org, so that you can use it for your web-based purposes. You are NOT required to register a domain through us, but we strongly PREFER that you do. Many services are not honest in the way they sell names and we spend a lot of time helping people re-secure rights to the name they thought they had already purchased. If you have registered your own name, make sure you have yourself as the Registrant and Administrative Contact with a current, easily accessible email address. This will help to ensure that your domain can be renewed or transferred should the need arise. Domain name registration fees are not refundable.
This cost recurs annually. Hosting places the domain name on a particular server connected to the web, which allows you to post a website for viewing through a browser. You are NOT required to host through us, but we strongly PREFER that you do. Hosting comes with domain-based emails, bandwidth, storage space, database and security tools, and other features. Projects that involve custom programming must be hosted with Absoluto to ensure the programs that we write will work. If you want to host your site on another server this must be disclosed before we begin programming.
Hosting Renewal Payment Obligations:
Your hosting account will be automatically renewed under the same time and fee structure unless you give written notice to Absoluto fifteen (15) days before the renewal date that you do not wish to renew the account.
Hosting Cancellation Payment Obligations:
You may cancel at anytime. If you cancel before the first 15 days from the opening of your account, please refer to the details under “Limited 15-day Money Back Guarantee.” If you cancel after the first 30 days, you will be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effective date of the cancellation. Absoluto will refund the prepaid fees for basic hosting for the full months remaining after effective date of the cancellation, less any prior fees and charges, and an early cancellation fee of $25. Accounts that are terminated by Absoluto for abuse or violations of internet standards or these terms and conditions will not receive any refund. All cancellations must be received in writing according to the deadlines indicated: regular mail and e-mail are acceptable. Phone requests will not constitute acceptance of any cancellation. Refunds will be issued back to you within 10 business days from your cancellation date.
Hosting Transfer Payment Obligations:
If you wish to transfer your hosting to another provider Absoluto can, upon request, download your site onto a Digital Arcive link (validity 60 days) and mail it to you. The cost for this service $50 per copy. FTP access to your site is not available for transfer purposes.
Limited 15-day Money Back Guarantee on Hosting:
If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 15 days from the opening of the account, you will be given a refund on your hosting fee excluding setup fees and time accrued from setup date. If paid by credit card, refunds will be issued to the original credit card provided at the time of purchase. If your account has been cancelled by us due to a breach of the terms and conditions on your part, you will not be eligible for a refund. Domain name registration is non-refundable.
Sites NOT Hosted by Absoluto :
Should client decide to host their site on another server, Absoluto cannot guarantee the all elements of the site will work. Absoluto will make a reasonable effort to research the problem on the foreign platform to let the client know what we think the problem is. However, we cannot take responsibility for problems caused by or on another hosting server, including but not limited to email, FTP, SSL, database, server software, and site security issues. If Absoluto believes it will take a significant amount of time to fix the problem, we will advise the client before proceeding. In most cases, fixing problems on a foreign hosting server is billable.
There are no required maintenance fees other than domain registration and hosting. Most people do some work on their site every year, for which we offer several plans. We can make certain parts of the site updatable by you by implementing a custom Content Management System, or installing a blog. For work we do on the site after going live, we charge on an hourly basis. If you expect that maintenance will be a regular occurrence, you can buy a prepaid maintenance contract that affords a discounted hourly rate. If need be, we can customize a maintenance plan for your particular needs, but no plan is required.
Website Maintenance Payment Obligations:
Depending upon the nature of the website changes, prepayment may be required. Should the client be invoiced after the changes are completed, the invoice is due upon reciept. If payment is not received within 15 days, the maintenance changes may be taken down until payment is received. After 30 days, there may also be a $35 reposting fee added to the outstanding maintenance invoice balance.
Once the site design is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the design is considered ready for implementation. Should the client wish to make changes to a design they have approved, those changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
Once site outline/map is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the site navigation is considered ready for implementation. Combined with the approved graphic design, this becomes the site structure. Once we build this structure per client approval, any subsequent changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
Provision of content is customerâ s responsibility, unless specifically negotiated ahead of time as part of the project proposal.
- Text content– Copy for all website pages and links needs to be delivered digitally and should be carefully proof-read by the client. Two rounds of revisions will be provided free of charge. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
- Copy development Should client wish Absoluto to develop content for the site, website copy is billable at our regular hourly rate. Development of copy is accomplished via Absoluto Web Development interviewing the client about the topic areas to be addressed on their web pages. Absoluto then composes appropriate copy, submits to the client for review, edit, and approval. Approved copy is then posted to the web pages.
- Graphical content– Images outside of the website design must be provided in digital form or in a form that can be easily scanned, unless otherwise provided for in customer’s contract. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
Entry of data for database applications is considered client’s responsibility. Entry of data by Absoluto is billable, unless otherwise provided for in customer’s contract.
We offer free domain-based email accounts to our clients as part of any hosting contract. If site is not hosted by Absoluto , we take no responsibility for setting up and troubleshooting email problems.
For websites with administrative control panels or content management systems, two (2) one-hour training sessions will be provided.
Technical Support –
We offer local and long-distance phone support to our clients. We do not normally bill for technical support depending on the source of the problem, its severity, and our time invested. If Absoluto is not the source of the problem, technical support may be billable.
Training and Tutorials
Because customer service is in integral part of our business strategy, all of our projects include a one-time complimentary training session in order for our clients to better make use of their new web technology. Additional training hours can be purchased at our standard hourly rate or applied against your existing maintenance contract.
Domain Transfers and DNS Management
For domains not originally registered with Absoluto , there will be a $50 fee to either transfer to the domain into our registration platform, or to transfer-out to another registrar. If your domain is not registered with Absoluto , DNS management and troubleshooting tasks are billable at our hourly rate.
Websites with Proprietary Source Code
Should client contract with Absoluto to write custom code for a website application, this code is not transferable to a new developer or host. Custom written source code is considered the property of Absoluto Web Development and cannot be shared with other developers. Clients are granted a license to use custom software code while on Absoluto servers only. Absoluto Web Development retains ownership of the code.
In some cases, Absoluto will install software for the client’s use that has been built by a third party. Examples include WordPress blog software, FCK editor software, shopping carts, photo galleries, etc. In these instances, clients will be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party who owns the software, and may use the software as a licensee only. No ownership rights of any kind are transferred to the client.
Access to or transfer of proprietary source code could result in a security risk to Absoluto and its clients who are running similar pieces of code. In order to provide custom software development services, clients give us access to private and/or sensitive information, trade secrets, proprietary pricing and business methods. If clients believed that we may be sharing this information with outside developers, they could lose faith that we are protecting their proprietary information. Therefore, neither access nor transfer of any code built for any purpose that is unique and not commonly and publicly available can be granted. Should client want us to build software to run on another server, it must be disclosed upfront and specifically contracted for.
Website components that ARE transferable to another host include html code, graphics, logos, pictures, navigation, text, and the data residing within a database (but not the code). Hourly fees will apply for any special work that needs to be done to transfer those parts of website that do not violate the other paragraphs in this section.
Absoluto Web Development maintains and troubleshoots the websites we develop for our clients, as well as any domain-based email accounts of those websites. We do NOT assume responsibility for upkeep or provide non-billable troubleshooting on our clients’ ISPs (Internet Service Providers), ISP-based email accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc), your home or office internet connections, or any other non-domain-based issues outside Absoluto Web Development’s realm of service. Provision of non-domain-based troubleshooting services will be billable at our normal hourly rate.
SEO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- For the purposes of receiving professional SEO services, Client agrees to provide the following:
- Administrative/backend access to the website for analysis of content and structure.
- Permission to make changes for the purpose of optimization, and to communicate directly with any third parties, e.g., your web designer, if necessary.
- Unlimited access to existing website traffic statistics for analysis and tracking purposes.
- Client authorizes Absoluto of all Client logos, trademarks, web site images, etc., for use in creating informational pages and any other uses as deemed necessary by Absoluto for search engine positioning and optimization.
- Client must acknowledge the following with respect to services:
- All fees are non-refundable. Only get 90% of total Fees if the guaranteed keywords are not in top positions in first pages
- Client can’t leave SEO work in the middle of second stages.
- All fees, services, documents, recommendations, and reports are confidential.
- Absoluto has no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. The Client’s website may be excluded from any directory or search engine at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory.
- Due to the competitiveness of some keywords/phrases, on-going changes in search engine ranking algorithms, and other competitive factors, Absoluto does not guarantee #1 positions or consistent top 10 positions for any particular keyword, phrase, or search term. However, if Absoluto fails to keywords in top positions after Six months of services, Absoluto will continue to 3 months SEO services at no added cost to the Client until such a percentage is met.
- Google has been known to hinder the rankings of new websites (or pages) until they have proven their viability to exist for more than 6 months. This is referred to as the “Google Sandbox”. Absoluto assumes no liability for ranking/traffic/indexing issues related to Google Sandbox penalties.
- Occasionally, search engines will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Often, the listing will reappear without any additional SEO. Should a listing be dropped during the SEO campaign and does not reappear within 30 days of campaign completion, Absoluto will re-optimize the website/page based on the current policies of the search engine in question.
- Some search directories offer expedited listing services for a fee. If the Client wishes to engage in said expedited listing services (e.g., paid directories), the Client is responsible for all paid for inclusion or expedited service fees.
- Linking to “bad neighbourhoods” or getting links from “link farms” can seriously damage all SEO efforts. Absoluto does not assume liability for the Client’s choice to link to or obtain a link from any particular website without prior consultation.
- The Absoluto is not responsible for changes made to the web site by other parties that adversely affect the search engine rankings of the Client’s web site.
- Additional Services not listed herein (such as managing pay-per click campaigns, copywriting, etc.) will be provided for a fee of INR 500 per hour.
- Client guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to Absoluto for inclusion on the website above are owned by Client, or that Client has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend absoluto and its subcontractors from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
- Absoluto is not responsible for the Client overwriting SEO work to the Client’s site. (e.g., Client/webmaster uploading over work already provided/optimized). The Client will be charged an additional fee for re-constructing content, based on the hourly rate of INR 500per hour.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this terms and conditions, Absoluto obligation to provide free SEO services shall cease in the event the Client’s conduct overwrites the SEO services provided. For example, if the client’s webmaster uploads content without consulting Absoluto , then Absoluto‘s obligation to provide SEO services for free shall terminate.